A big salad peppered with fresh veggies is one of the healthiest things you can serve up for dinner. Here’s a new, tasty salad recipe to try…
The best salads are a cornucopia of fresh vegetables, with little added fat. This salad combines some of the garden’s tastiest veggies and is dressed lightly with no added oils. Serve with a side of lean protein for a healthy, vibrant meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 cup curly endive
- 1 cup dandelion greens
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅛ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 packet Stevia
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- Place the eggs in a pan of water; bring to a simmer for 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Crack the eggs all over, and then place in a pan of cold water for one minute. Remove from water, peel, and slice. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes. Rinse in cold water then set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine the endive, dandelion greens, tomato, onion and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the Stevia, lime juice, garlic, Dijon and vinegar. Mix well.
- Coat the salad with the dressing. Top with asparagus and sliced egg.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 119 calories, 5.5 fat, 137mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, and 8g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever! www.ImAtPilates.com